- Pre-Application Review with a PI, not later than January 31, 2023
- Application DUE: February 1, 2023 at 11:59pm THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. THIS DEADLINE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED BY THE GOVERNMENT.
- Committee Review and Assessment: February 1-28, 2023
- All applications, rankings and cost materials are forwarded by Penn State to DOD Program: NLT February 28, 2023
- The Department of Defense Program will make selections: May 2023 (estimated)
- Grant Award from DoD to PSU to fund awards: July/August 2023
Students who are interested in applying for the DOD-Scholarship Program must complete:
- Complete the ONLINE application with the National Scholarship program.
- OPTIONAL – and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – Pre-submission PI Meeting with Dr. Giacobe or Dr. Hills to review your application for completeness.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty, staff, or employers (see the instructions in the application). The letters of recommendation must address the applicant’s capability in the six competency areas.
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Unofficial Transcripts are acceptable for the application. If you are selected, you will need to submit OFFICIAL transcripts to the government.
- Completed application with your knowledge and ability in the six competency areas (see the instructions in the application).
- Returning Scholarship Students who started the CySP Program in 2022-2023 (last year) submit on the same portal that new applicants do. Your application is due 15 February 2023 on the portal.
- Returning Scholarship students who started on CySP prior to 2022-23 should contact the PIs for guidance.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS will be reviewed by the Penn State Committee and will receive a rating of HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, RECOMMENDED or NOT RECOMMENDED.